Questions about Coaching Services
What is Life Coaching?
International Coach Federation defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. This process helps clients dramatically improve their outlook on work and life, while improving their leadership skills and unlocking their potential.
How do I get started in the coaching process?
If you are interested in beginning the coaching process, please send me an email we can schedule our initial 30 minute session to further explore the details of the coaching relationship. During this session we will identify if this is an appropriate fit. So, before you say "yes", you will have a sample of what the coaching experience will be like. Until then, click on my ABOUT page to learn more about my approach in coaching.
What is the coaching schedule like?
My coaching schedule includes 3 Skype or phone calls per month. These calls are 50 minutes in duration. We leave one week for you to integrate your new learning and to forward your action.
Can I contact you in-between our scheduled coaching sessions?
Yes! In the event that you would like support on something that comes up in between our meetings, you can post an inquiry to the Client Log and we can have "just in time" coaching via your Private Client Website.
What if I sign up for this and decide it is not right for me? Do you have a money back guarantee?
Yes, I call it my "participate and get your money back" guarantee. If within the first month of our relationship you show up to the calls and participate fully in the coaching process, you can simply let me know this is not working for you and I will completely refund your money. To honor the coaching agreement and the coaching process, if you sign up and do not show up for your coaching sessions, do not do the follow up work, etc, then we will not refund your money.
What can I expect from you as my coach?
- Provide safety, encouragement and support; an environment in which you can relax and explore;
- Appreciate generously and authentically;
- Be a partner in bringing out the best, the deepest, and the truest in you;
- Respect the confidentiality of the agreements we make;
- Give you straight feedback and speak from discovery
- Inviting your whole-mind and whole-body wisdom;
- Invite you to be creative and to play;
- Assist you in formulating new conscious commitments
- Expand your view of what is possible and promote discovery of new insights;
- Listen consciously to what you say and ask questions that increase awareness;
- Providing the structure and focus needed for you to stay in action
What kind of changes can I notice?
- With the first session, most of my clients notice a boost in clarity and energy for moving forward. It might feel freeing to make the first step and face what previously was just a vague idea.
- Within a few more sessions, people are finding increased clarity about their vision and are confidently choosing next steps.
- With three months of coaching, my clients are experiencing increasing ease and noticeable progress for the changes they are working on.
- After three months they are venturing into new territories to reach new goals, and they realize a new level of importance for the support of coaching, to help them stay the course when it gets scary. Like having a hand to hold when walking through a dark tunnel.
- With six months of coaching, the changes they are making become more sustainable. They have a sense of having turned a corner on things they once found challenging. This is where your time and effort can really pay off. When you have what you need to stay the course, it's amazing what is possible.
- Because the power of coaching builds exponentially over time, you'll get the best results for your investment if you stick with consistent coaching for at least six months.
- Many people choose to continue with ongoing coaching, because they want to keep experiencing that powerful energy and clarity. It's like high quality fuel for your whole life.
How can I pay for my consultations?
You will receive an invoice by email. You can pay by PayPal or credit card.
Are there professional standards for the coaching industry?
Yes, there is a code of ethics, core competencies, accreditation processes and an International Coach Federation (industry association) that promotes the advancement of coaches. To learn more about this, click here: http://www.coachfederation.org/ICF/
More questions about private consultations? Send me an email at:
Call me at +1 240 544 7171 or email me at: